Manage external sharing for your SharePoint Online environment
By default external sharing (outside organization) option are disabled on SharePoint online, it will be required to be enabled if you are working with external users (customers) which outside your organization.
When you enable external access option, you can share your site contents like documents, sites ans pages, external user will receive an email with address to that document, then they will login with Microsoft account for authentication porpoises.
This post shows you how easy it is to enable sharing features by using SharePoint online Office 365 admin panel.
Turn external sharing on or off
You need to use Office 365 admin account for SharePoint admin privilege permission account will be enough:
- Sign in with SharePoint admin to Office 365 online.
- Go to View app menu from top left side.
- Click on admin to open your admin site.
- Click on SharePoint admin link from admin center menu, or you can direct access
URL by: ” http://yoursitename-Admin.sharepoint.com “.
- Click on sharing option from lift side menu.
- Select Allow users to invite and share with authenticated external users option.
- Select Direct – only people who have permission option.
- Select Prevent external users from sharing files, folders, and sites that they don’t own and External users must accept sharing invitations using the same account that the invitations were sent to, if required.
- Click OK button the click OK again on notification massage
- Go to the site collection that need to be shared with external users and click on shareing option
- Select Allow external users who accept sharing invitations and sign in as authenticated users option then click Save.
- Wait until the site collection finished updating…
that’s it, you are done and you can now go to the site or contents that need to be shareed with external user and click on share then add the external user email with permission required and click on Share
Post a comment or contact me for any questions or help that we can provide for you, hope those information are helpful for you,..See you again on new post.